dimanche 16 mars 2008

Phuket, Thailand - great food, poor sights

I love Thailand. I've been to Bangkok so many times. I was rather excited to see Phuket and all the famous white sand coves. I was utterly disappointed. We had only a day and the boat anchored off Patong beach. Probably the worst beach I've ever seen. It was like an asian argeles sur mer with loads of umbrellas. You can barely even make out the gray sand and murky water amidst all the umbrellas.
















We resolved not to look for Boracay because all the great beaches were private. We lazed on some random beach with not too many umbrellas... and had an excellent lunch.




Thai Seafood coconut curry, Tom Yang soup, Phad Thai noodles with fresh peppercorns!... too good. I love the mix a salty, sweet, spicey and sour. With all that lovely thai perfumed rice. A nice fresh coconut on the beach helped me lift my moral as well.








Tom Yang Goong
Jasmine Rice






Phad Thai











I needed it. Only a short walk in the market is enough to know that here, it reeks of sexual tourism. It just wasn't a healthy place. I was rather disappointed because I love Thailand and the Thais, I've spoken so much about it to Victor. This was his first experience. Yucky old patong beach. We have got to go to Bangkok.... I would love to see Chiang Mai too.
Thank goodness for the great lunch...

1 commentaire:

Young a dit…

Hello Stephanie, it's Dung from Oz, Victor told me about your blog, here I am to visit you!
It's not been updated for a while, you've not been to a good restaurant recently?